Who We Are
Your local chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness
We are a community-based non-profit organization whose services focus on the concerns of all those affected by mental illness. Our members include families, friends, concerned citizens and people living with mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression and many others.
- run Support Groups across Pierce county for both individuals and for family members,
- give presentations to organizations and schools and
- provide educational courses to parents, caregivers, and individuals affected by mental illness.
- use citizen action to improve mental health legislation in Washington State.
- All our services are free.
We are people who care about the challenge of mental illness in our County and in individual lives.
NAMI-Pierce is one of 1100 Local Affiliates across the country. We are part of a nation-wide Alliance with over 100,000 members. NAMI is the largest grassroots mental health organization, dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Country-wide we use our personal experiences of mental illness to
- Support each other in Recovery
- Erase the myths that still surround mental illness
- Lobby for Laws to improve the lives of those living with it
- Educate each other and our Communities