We Are Hiring!
We are searching for a Program Coordinator.
NAMI Pierce County is seeking to hire a part time, non-exempt Program Coordinator to support our program and administrative needs. The Program Coordinator will report to the NAMI Pierce County Board of Directors and will work closely with its President.
NAMI Pierce County is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation and is the Pierce County, Washington affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). We are looking for someone to help us grow beyond an all-volunteer organization and who shares our passion for mental health issues. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, has demonstrated high standards of excellence, is comfortable working independently, and can work from home. Employment is at-will.
- Support NAMI Signature Program instructors and facilitators to enable effective delivery of all classes and support groups.
- Manage the NAMI Pierce Clunty electronic registration portal.
- Plan and coordinate the monthly Gathering. This includes: arranging the location, coordinating programs and speakers, insuring needed audiovisual equipment is available, coordinating the potluck dinner, and, coordinating set up and clean up.
- Plan and coordinate community outreach activities. Support the Advocacy Committee as needed.
- Attend and support the monthly board meetings.
- Work with the Treasurer to provide financial tracking and support.
- Develop and implement a membership retention and renewal process.
- Assist the Board in membership and volunteer recruitment and engagement.
- Document NAMI Pierce County operating procedures.
- Undertake special assignments at the Board’s request.
- Maintain the NAMI information phone. Answer calls, research requests, connect callers to NAMI and outside resources. Maintain call log.
- Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org email inquiries.
- Provide day-to-day management of the NAMI Pierce County social media programs.
- Create and maintain electronic mass communication capabilities.
- Provide purchasing support for program materials, brochures, NAMI Walk supplies, Gathering supplies and other requested items.
- Manage NAMI Pierce County’s rental storage unit and physical assets.
- Maintain NAMI Pierce County’s central hard copy files and electronic records in compliance with the NAMI Pierce County Record Retention Policy.
- Input NAMI Pierce County data into the various NAMI and NAMI Washington electronic data files such as NAMI 361, the NAMI Profile Center data base, the NAMI Program data base and the NAMI Washington program schedule.
- Pick up mail from the P.O. Box
- Fundraising support
- Coordinate the annual NAMIWalk activity in conjunction with the NAMI Pierce NAMIWalk Committee Chair. This includes, but not limited to: Solicit sponsors, promote the Walk, recruit walkers and donors and organize NAMI Pierce County’s day-of-walk activities including booth arrangements and any necessary purchasing.
- Identify and assist with grant applications to help finance NAMI Pierce County’s growth.
- Ability to deliver results while working independently.
- Successful track record in organizational and administrative roles.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Deals well to change, ambiguity, and deadlines.
- Has empathy for those living with mental illness.
- Able to get to diverse meeting locations.
- Able to work “From Home”.
- Has access to high-speed internet.
- Can work a flexible and variable work schedule
Additional Ideal Qualifications
- Demonstrated proficiency using Quick Books and Dropbox
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media such as Facebook.
- Has a college associate’s degree or a minimum of two years office management experience.
- Has grant writing and/or fundraising experience.
Starting Pay; $15.00 an hour