Find Legislative Officials
About Mental Illness
A mental illness is a medical condition that disrupts a person\'s thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others and daily functioning.
What is Recovery?
Recovery from serious mental illness is not only possible, but for many people living with mental illness today, probable. The notion of recovery involves a variety of perspectives.
We're Here to Listen
IN CASE OF A LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY: CALL 911
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS HAVING SUICIDAL THOUGHTS:
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
FOR A NON-LIFE-THREATENING BUT URGENT MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS:
Call the Pierce County Crisis Line available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 800-576-7764
Crisis Text Line: crisistextline.org – text 741741 (mobile fees waived)
Call the NAMI Helpline at
Links for Contacting Public Officials
- United States
- State of Washington
- Governor Inslee
- Pierce County encompasses part or all of eight (8) legislative districts. These are the 2nd, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, and 31st. Each district elects a State Senator and two (2) State Representatives. You can find and contact your Legislators by entering your address at app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
You can also find your State Senator’s contact information at the following two links:
- You can find your State Representatives’ contact information at the following links:
- Pierce County
- Pierce County has seven (7) Councilmembers, and each Councilmember represents a geographic portion of the County. You can find your County Councilmember, as well as your Congressman and State Legislators by entering your address at matterhorn.co.pierce.wa.us/iba/presentation/mapCouncil.cfm?cmd=init&iba=council
- County Executive McCarthy www.co.pierce.wa.us/index.aspx?nid=100
- Tacoma Mayor and City Council
- Tacoma elects a Mayor and eight (8) City Council Members. Five Council Members represent geographic districts, and three Council Members are elected at-large to represent the entire city. You can find these elected officials and their contact information at www.cityoftacoma.org/government/city_council
- Lakewood City Council
- You can find contact information for the seven Lakewood City Council members at www.cityoflakewood.us/government/city-council/current-members
- Puyallup City Council
- Puyallup City Council has seven (7) members. Six are elected to represent one of three districts, and one is elected at-large to represent the entire city. You can find their contact information at www.cityofpuyallup.org/government/puyallup-city-council/
From Next Door To Across Pierce County
Become a Member
Become a part of NAMI! Subscribe to the latest mental health updates, participate in an online discussion group, learn how to advocate in your community and add your voice to the mental health movement.
Thank you for your generous tax-deductible donation. You are helping us provide support, education, and advocacy to thousands of people living with mental illness in Washington.
Get In Touch
The families and members of NAMI Pierce County are here to help! We offer understanding to anyone concerned about mental illnesses and the treatment of mental illness.