Education & Support Programs
- For family members, partners and friends of someone living with a mental illness
- 12-week course
“Before I took the course, I felt alone and overwhelmed dealing with my daughter’s mental illness. By taking this course, I have met others who are going through the
same things I am and have learned about many resources that I never knew existed.”
- For consumers
- Meets once a week
“I am not alone! There is a place where people understand me, are there to help me, and I feel better about myself when I help someone else.
I can get involved in NAMI Connection and make a difference!”
- For family members/loved ones of someone living with a mental illness
- Meets once a month
“Using the support group model is so essential to the success of our family support groups. Without the training, networking, and support of the group members I fear that support groups would become nothing more than “cry” sessions or “gripe” sessions. As a group the collective wisdom covered a lot of possibilities towards the issues.”
- For the general public
- Recurring one time presentations
“The reason why this program is such a valuable resource for us is that it puts a human face on people who are living successfully with a mental illness.”
- Ten two-hour sessions, free of charge.
- Designed for individuals (18 and over) living with mental illness.
- Taught by a trained team of individuals living in recovery from mental illness.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and exercises.
“This peer-led course provides a confidential place to learn from shared experiences in an environment of sincere, uncritical acceptance. No specific medication or medical therapy is endorsed or recommended. Our Core Philosophy informs the course’s approach.
Participation in the course gives you an opportunity to gain tangible resources – personalized plans, strategies for potential events in the future and information – as well as a deeper understanding of your personal recovery process.”